Thursday, December 21, 2006

Updated Christmas Poem

I've finally decided to write a new Christmas/Winter poem. It's been about 7 years since I have last attempted this, so I am a little nervous. Here it goes:

The skin on my face burns with chills,
My cheeks evolve into a cheery red,
What is this powder flocking from the skies above?
It shimmers, when touched by light.
Crystals decorate every housetop.
How can there be a place like this?
Does not existence require chaos?
As I shiver, I see all I ever wanted...
Peace.
Oh yeah! Take that John Donne! Take that Emily Dickensen! Kristen, does this beat Robert Frost too? That was my Winter poem. Now for the Christmas poem:
A very large figure out in the distant air.
How can he fit in that flying device?
If that ginormous creature can fly,
then why, oh why can't I?
But, alas!
What can it be?
He sneaks into houses, through the chimney.
Burgular? Shall I warn the police?
No. I will speak to the lipid man himself.
He tells me: "I see you when your sleeping,
I KNOW when your awake...I know if you've been bad or good."
I flee from my stance.
He sees me when I'm sleeping?
He knows when I'm awake?
Oh, am I afright!
It is a stalker!
I am on the nice list!
It is Santa who is naughty!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

pppshhh. He he he he. Loved them. "Lipid"??? Isn't that a big word for you??? :)

Anonymous said...

Aren't poems supposed to ryhme?

Duh.

Anonymous said...

Inspired by you, I have also written a poem on my blog. Check it out! (Poems aren't supposed to rhyme! ;)

Anonymous said...

(It doesn't have anything to do with christmas or santa...)