Today I cleaned my room. Not that it was extremely messy, but it was beginning to bug the heck out of me. What's bugging me the most is the stuff under my bed. I really need some new storage boxes or something. Anyway, while cleaning I began to look through all my school projects and assignments. I found papers of when I was first learning to write. I found report cards clear from kindergarten. I found all my class pictures from kindergarten to sixth grade. It was fun to look at people in like my 3rd grade class who became the popular kids in Jr. High. I even found my kindergarten and 1st grade journals, which are filled with so many lies about pets I never had. Anyway, one thing of interest I discovered was my 6th grade school journal that my teacher made us keep. I found a pretty good Christmas poem that I wrote in it. I decided it was appropriate for my blog, so here it goes. I wrote this on Wednesday, December 8th, 1999:
Christmas Poem:
Christmas is a special time of year.
Remembering Christmas carols that we hear.
Celebrating Jesus' birth,
The time that he came to this earth.
Watching snowflakes fall from the sky,
Eating up all the pie.
Santa Clause bringing good kids toys,
Everyone is full of joy.
That's what Christmas is about,
This time of year no one needs to pout.
2 comments:
hehe heh. I enjoyed your poem. Why don't you write one today? You have all those years of experience...maybe you should write another one! (And with the education of Mrs. Coon, you know it won't have to rhyme perfectly.)
Wow. That was better than Robert Frost!
And by the way, the cookies you guys brought were delicious! Shayn & I ate them all that night. Well, I got one. Thanks a lot Shayn!
Post a Comment