Do you ever feel that way? Do you ever have the feeling that you are doing everything wrong? That's what I feel like right now. I am an assistant swim coach. This is a really great job for me. It pays well, and the hours usually fit my scheduele pretty well. But right now, I am a little pi...... and upset. I don't know what to do.
First of all, I feel like I am a bad coach. I feel like parents are constantly watching me to see if they can find something wrong with me that they can complain about. I feel like I can't control the kids, and I feel like the kids don't even want to listen to me. They complain when I try to help them improve their swimming skills. I just feel like I don't know what I'm doing.
Next, I have to say that I REALLY do not like water polo. Today, I went to work, ready with plans to help the swimmers that I coach, on their breaststroke turns. I was hoping for a successful practice, until I walked into the pool and saw that the head coach was going to have everyone play water polo. I went to the pool ready to coach swimming, not polo. I don't even understand polo. When I played it in highschool, I was the head, varsity bench-warmer. Our coach never put me in, and when he did, it was out of pity. He felt he had to. This is probably one of the main reasons I am not a big fan of the sport. I also dislike the body contact.
To top this all off, I am convinced that my boss HATES me. He is the highschool water polo coach as well, and I think that he hated me all thoughout highschool because I never liked polo.
I try to never dedicate an entire day of blogging to complain about something, but I feel like crap right now. I just don't know if I should go on with this coaching job or not. I like it, but, ya know. There is this one little Hispanic girl on Jr. Bronze that makes my day, everyday. She is so cute, and nice, and she always makes me laugh. Hopefully, she will stick with the team.
Whoever reads this post, does anyone have a suggestion for me on places I could apply for a new job this coming summer?
6 comments:
Lauren!
First I must say: You are an awesome coach! Better than I'll ever be! You are so organized and thought-out whereas me? I'm scratching my butt trying to figure out what I should do next.
Second I must say: I know exactly how you feel, as I am also in your shoes. An assistant coach. To the same boss. I don't feel like I can control my kids, and I can feel the parents' eyes burning down my back! Gaahhh! And the kids can sure be snotty sometimes.
Third I must say: I hope I don't scare away Litzy.
Fourth: You make my day. I'm happy to see you.
Fifth: Don't quit! It'll get better! (I hope...)
Seventh: Smile! Face it! You are awesome.
Eighth...uh...you smell funny...in a good way.
Ninth: I can't believe you almost said that naughty p-word! The U must be influencing you! :)
Don't scratch your butt. Listen to it! It's awesome!
That's what happens when you go to the U. "U" turn naughty! Ha ha!
Thanks Nedge! You are awesome!
hee hee i find this kind of ironic!! hee hee i wonder if celest had to go to the hospital for atempt of suicide? hee hee lauren your amazing at everything you do!!! Be happy! your a great coach! i love you!!!!!
Meganagan left me a comment? Holy moly! You made my day Meganagan! And I have not seen you forever! :(
Post a Comment