I was trying to find a certain clip from the movie "Bye Bye Birdie." If you have seen it, I was looking for the clip when Kim and Hugo sing "One boy, one special boy," but I couldn't find it. I did find some other good stuff however. I found some sweet clips from "Bye Bye Birdie," "Beach Blanket Bingo," and "Grease." These are all cool, older movies. Don't you just wish highschool really was just a big musical like these movies convey it to be? That would be sweet! I remember being introduced to these movies by my cousins, Annie and Haley, when I was really young. I remember Haley would come over to babysit us, and she would bring "Beach Blanket Bingo" movies. We always LOVED that. I rediscovered my love for these musicals today. I guess you could call these movies "The Original High School Musical."
Bye Bye Birdie - Got A Lot of Livin`
Grease - Summer Loving
Beach Blanket Bingo - These Are The Good Times
Beach Blanket Bingo - New Love
I've always loved this song, ever since I was like 7 years old. I don't know why, it is just really good.
4 comments:
Hey! You should blog about yer happy endin'!
I love these clips! They are all some of my very most favorite movies.
Love ya,
Auntie Judy
Lauren, great memories. Don't you sometimes wish that there was a soundtrack to your life, like movie background music. That way, you would always know what was coming, when not to open the door, and more importantly, when TO open the door because the handsome boy is there, waiting to kiss you, in the pouring rain. I would love that...then, no one would laugh at you when you burst into song.
Thanks for the great movie clips. My favorite song from "Beach Blanket Bingo" is "it only hurts when I cry". That one rocks.
Wow, look at all this culture I'm getting, just by reading your blog. I'm not a huge musical fan but I like that they make other people happy. Just don't make me be in one. Maybe I'll try that Bye Bye Birdie one. That's looks a little on the crazy side. It might make me laugh.
Post a Comment