Saturday, November 18, 2006

Hope Floats

Don't laugh at this picture quite yet.......ok, go ahead and laugh. These are my first pair of glasses. As you can tell they are freaking huge! But I got them in about 1990, so everything was freaking huge in the 90's.

"Hope Floats," have you seen it? Great movie, allthough a little sad. But Natalie and I still find it quite the humorous movie. Why am I writing about this movie? Well, we just watched it tonight, but the main reason has to do with my grandma. When I was little, she always told me that I needed to watch this movie, because she thought I looked just like Bernice, the little girl in the movie, pictured here with Sandra Bullock. If you have seen this movie, do you remember when Bernice's Dad leaves, and Bernice is balling her eyes out? That is pretty much the exact resemblance of me when I was little. I was a very grumpy little girl. In all of our family albums, I can rarely find a picture of me smiling. My baby pictures are pretty much the only ones I smile in. My goal is to try to get some of these pictures scanned onto the computer for you to laugh at. But anyways, if you have not seen this movie, I recommend it. I really like the girl in it called "Big Doloraes." She is quite the bully. I have posted a picture of me on here wearing my first pair of glasses I had when I was two years old. I think it is these glasses that influenced my grandma to think I looked like Bernice.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It takes a very brave person to post a picture of themselves in their first glasses. VERY brave.

I am not one of them.

And what do you mean you "were" a grumpy girl?

Nedge said...

I don't know where my first pair of glasses are. They were much bigger than yours, I'm afraid. I got them in third grade, and they got many beatings.
I agree with the previous comment. What do you mean that you were a grumpy girl?

Nedge said...

Did you know that you smell WAY bad when you're grumpy?

Nedge said...

You should allow anonyomous people to comment, so Meganagen can comment as well.

Lauren said...

Ok, I admit. I still am a grumpy girl. Ha ha! Are ya'll happy?

Nedge, Meganagan does comment.