Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Finals Are Over: What I'm Going To Do On Christmas Break

I took my last final this evening. Yay me! It feels so good to be done. However I ashamedly admit that I am excited for next semester. I'm really starting to get into my major now, and I've think I've got some pretty good classes set up, so all is well. But nothing feels better than being on Christmas break. I have compiled a list of things I am going/want to do in my time away from school. Here it is:

1. Swim! I rarely have time to swim during each semester. I have turned into a dryland person-you know weights, tredmills, elipticals-stuff like that. But when I have a chance to get back in the water to work-out, I take it!

2. Watch Gilmore Girls! I usually am able to do this on a daily basis. But I am excited because season 7, which is the final season of Gilmore Girls, just came out on DVD. I have it on hold at the library, so I am hoping to get to watch that season over the break.

3. Finish reading "Emma" by Jane Austen. Amazing author, and great book so far.

4. Drive my mom crazy while I'm the only one home, since Natalie and Emily are still in school.

5. Get married....................wait, HECK NO!

6. Relax and catch up on a semester's worth of sleep!

7. Send my missionaries Christmas cards.

I am excited to be on break. This means no commuting for a couple of weeks! Yay! So, funny story. I assume that most that for most college students, celebrations begin after completing finals. From the things I hear at school, I am sure their celebrations on dominated by heavy drinking and other scary stuff. Since I'm not that kind of girl, I celebrate by drinking..............Diet Coke. Oh yes, the breakfast of champions! Let me tell you, it was one heck of a party sitting at home with some Diet Coke. Wow, wow, wow. :)

3 comments:

Nedge said...

Grrrr. Stop rubbing it in! I have one more final, then I'm shipped off to Las Vegas to swim at a big swim meet, get 7 days off, then shipped off to winter training.

I feel like a box of mail.

Bing Math said...

Congrats on finishing up your finals!

mad dog said...

Lauren, even though we are not speaking until after the coach's IM, I need you to put my blog link on your blog because;basically, tons of people read yours and nobody knows mine exists. What do you say? www.maddieandben.blogspot.com