Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Love or Infatuation?
Lately I have found myself stuck pondering the thought of love and infatuation. Infatuation is a more a short-time obssessive crush on someone, while love is more of a long-term thing. But can infatuation lead to love? Is it ok to be infatuated, but inside really hope it does not lead you to love someone? I feel like love an infatuation are the most commonly mixed up emotions of people my age. What happens if a person becomes infatuated AFTER they have allready been in love? I think it is a scary feeling for that person, but perhaps it is a feeling that they long to have once again. I feel so naive. If only I could run in to a Love Doctor, then maybe I would not feel so confused or scared of what the love or infatuation outcome may bring. And now, a quote from the Beatles: "All you need is love. All you need is love, love. Love is all you need."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Infatuation:A foolish, unreasoning, or extravagant passion or attraction. See Synonyms at love.
An object of extravagant, short-lived passion.
Love:1. a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
2. a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.
3. sexual passion or desire.
4. a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.
5. (used in direct address as a term of endearment, affection, or the like): Would you like to see a movie, love?
6. a love affair; an intensely amorous incident; amour.
7. sexual intercourse; copulation.
8. (initial capital letter) a personification of sexual affection, as Eros or Cupid.
9. affectionate concern for the well-being of others: the love of one's neighbor.
10. strong predilection, enthusiasm, or liking for anything: her love of books.
11. the object or thing so liked: The theater was her great love.
12. the benevolent affection of God for His creatures, or the reverent affection due from them to God.
13. Chiefly Tennis. a score of zero; nothing.
14. a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter L.
–verb (used with object) 15. to have love or affection for: All her pupils love her.
16. to have a profoundly tender, passionate affection for (another person).
17. to have a strong liking for; take great pleasure in: to love music.
18. to need or require; benefit greatly from: Plants love sunlight.
19. to embrace and kiss (someone), as a lover.
Now, can you see the difference? ;)
Oh my lanta! I just don't know what to say.
I think that infatuation can lead to love eventually. You can be infatuated with someone at first and then fall in love with the person as you get to know them better. I also believe that you can be in love when you are young like you are. If you look at #16 to me describes love best. At least love towards someone of the opposite sex who is not a member of your family who you were infatuated with first. You can also be in love more than once in your lifetime.
I'm free for consultation on Mondays, Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays at 12:00 AM-6:00 AM.
Call me at: 1-800-you-are-only-infatuated-you-idiot! Or: 1-800-968-273-6659-46328828333-968-43468
Alright, what's his name?
I like all those answers.
I would say this:
If it weren't for infatuation, I wouldn't be in love with Lynn right now. He's really hot too. Which opens up a whole nother can of worms. It's a fun can of worms though.
Post a Comment