Sunday, June 10, 2007

Howdy Partner: Yellowstone and Wyoming!

My family and I just got back from an excellent vacation. We went to Yellowstone and to Jackson Hole Wyoming. Everything was awesome! Our vacation began on Thursday, June 7th, which happened to be my birthday. Our first major stop was the Idaho Falls Temple, pictured above. It was pretty, and we were able to use the clean bathrooms in the visitor center. The above picture includes Emily, my grandma Stapley, Maddie, Ben, and me. My dad and Grandpa Stapley were taking our pictures, and my mom and Natalie were wandering around temple grounds.
When we got to Yellowstone, we saw lots of animals. We saw like a buttload of buffalo. We even got stuck in a stampede of buffalo. There was a huge herd of them trying to cross the street, so we had to wait for about 30 minutes for them to move. We also saw deer, elk, a fox, geese, ravens, and we even saw a grizzley bear with 2 cubs, and chip munks. We also saw Natalie, she was quite the little animal.

This is me in the car, driving through Yellowstone on my birthday.
My sisters and me at Old Faithful.
There were all these cool painted buffalo all over West Yellowstone, Montana.
This is my famous "licorice smoking" picture. I think this was taken on Friday, as we sat through buffalo crossing traffic in the upper loop of Yellowstone.
Yellowstone lake was ginormous!
You are now looking at the Grand Teton Mountains in Wyoming. I love Wyoming! I always have, and I hope to live there someday.
Ben, Maddie, Natalie, Emily and I on a trail above the Yellowstone River.
These cowboy boots were the coolest decoration ever! This was at the Bar J Ranch in Jackson Hole, which was really neat. I want to live there so bad!
This is a picture of the Grizzly bear we saw in Yellowstone. You can't see them in this picture, but there were 2 baby cub bears following this mama bear. It was really cool to see a wild bear with her cubs!
This is a the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone.
These cowboys here are the Bar J Wranglers. They are a cool cowboy band in Jackson Hole Wyoming. They are at the Bar J ranch. When you go to this peroformance, you get a HUGE western dinner. I had BBQ Beef, and it was amazing! Then you get about an hour and a half of this hilarious and awesome western band. This was my kind of vacation!
I had a blast, and I wish I could go back. Before I end this blog, I have to document some conversations that happened on our trip:
Conversation 1:
Grandma Stapley: "I just wish I knew where we were."
Grandpa Stapley: "Well, we are in Yellowstone."
Conversation 2:
Ben climbs into the car
Maddie: "Ben you smell like a port-a-potty!"
Ben: " A port-a-potty?!?!"
Lauren: "Ha ha ha!"
Conversation 3: (this conversation occured many times with various members of our family)
Dad: "Look, there's a beaver dam."
Lauren: "A beaver what?"
Dad: "Dam."
I have a video Natalie and I made in Yellowstone on proper hiking technique, but it is not ready to put on here. I will put in on my blog tomorrow, so make sure you come back to watch it!













6 comments:

Nedge said...

I can't wait to see the video!
You're a great actress.
I want to go to Wyoming now, and never come back.

Annie said...

I can hardly wait for the video on hiking techniques. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures! I too heart yellowstone.

Nedge said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nedge said...

Did it take you like, FOREVER to upload all those pictures?

Anonymous said...

What a great trip! I am glad you made it home safe and sound!
Auntie Judy

Cindy said...

I love Jackson Hole! I get to go there and DJ a wedding the weekend of July 14th! We just might have to catch the Bar J show...I've seen it several times but the best is actually in Jackson! I'm glad you had fun and by the way Happy Belated Birthday!