Thursday, January 29, 2009

Jinxed: Gashed Heads and Broken Fingers

Last night at worked, I jinxed myself. I was the headguarding last night. I was talking to a few of my lifeguards and I mentioned that I hoped someone would gash their leg open, so I could use some first aid skills. (For those of you who don't know yet, I'm kind of a first aid freak, and start to intch to use my skills when I haven't used them in a while.) Well, my hope came true, except that instead of a gashed open leg, I treated a gashed open head, which was cool, but way more dangerous than a leg. Some kid smacke his head on the diving board, and split it open. He had a good 2 inch long gash right on the top of his head. It was pretty awesome! Luckily he had no other head, neck, or back injury, because that would not have been so awesome. After I finished treating him, along with my ER Nurse Rochelle, I was called to the front counter to look at a coworker's finger. This coworker was playing basketball, and got hit in the finger really hard. I examined it and determined that I would be very surprised if it were not broken. About an hour or two later, I found out he went to the doctor, his finger was broke, and he now has to see a specialist for it. Basically I had to send two people to the emergency room last night! Is it weird I get a thrill out of this kind of stuff?

15 comments:

rochelle said...

I think you did a great job! You can be head guard anytime I'm supervising. Thanks for the fun night!

Unknown said...

um.
you have hearts plastered all over your blog.

sweet.

i, like you, also get crazy (in a good way) when able to use first aid. unfortunately, the only first aid i know is this kind: "you want me to kiss your ouchy?"
works everytime.
you should try it.

Nedge said...

Poor people.

If you hadn't jinxed them, maybe they wouldn't have gotten hurt!

Oh, by the way...3 (or is it 4) more days, in case you didn't know. J/k.

Nedge said...

Or is it 2? Who cares?

J/K!!!!

Nedge said...

Um. So I decided to leave more than a couple of comments on your blog, so you'd get all excited, then disappointed when you realize ALL of them are from me!

Nedge said...

What are your plans on Wednesday? Want to do something?

Nedge said...

I like ice cream. Especially the kind that tastes like coffee. Bad of me, I know.

Nedge said...

I also like sniffing remote controls. Tells you so much about the owner of the remote control.

Nedge said...

Tell your Mom and Dad I said hi.

Nedge said...

Remote Control is such a hassle to say for something with buttons. It should be called "fowboi." "Flat Object With Buttons On It."

Hey, son! Hand me the fowboi!

Nedge said...

we should make fowboi a popular word.

Nedge said...

Seriously.

Nedge said...

Honey is sooooo good.

Nedge said...

Throw the FOWBOI!!!

Anonymous said...

COOL!!!! i don't like blood but you made it sound fun!!!!! It's sierra by the way lol i found you