Friday, November 28, 2008

'Tis the season for....

Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving! My family and I were able to join my grandparents and some of my aunts, uncles, and cousins for the delicious turkey dinner. I had an enjoyable time.

Thanksgiving starts the season of many things. In my opinion, 'tis the season for four specific things. Tis the season to be jolly of course. This is a fun time of year, allowing many opportunities to be with family. Tis also the season to be thankful. This time of year is a great time to reflect on the many blessings we each enjoy every day. We all have so much to be thankful for, and it is so important to express that thanks. Tis also the season of giving. I think the world gets so caught up in receiving sometimes, and forgets to think about other. Try and give of yourself everyday to someone, in some way. The fourth "tis the season," is not a happy one, but it is one I want you all to be aware of. 'Tis the season of burgluries. Sad, but true, this time of year is when robberies and car break-ins spike like no other. To add to that, the crashing economy is seeming to motivate stealing even more. Be aware, and be careful! Be aware of your surroundings. Don't leave ANYTHING in your car when you park in a parking lot. Just take precautions. I hate having to live in fear like this, but better worry and try to be safe, than sorry.

To end on more of a happy note, I have a lovely little cartoon for all you BYU and Utah fans! Enjoy!

http://216.252.110.31/us.f559.mail.yahoo.com/ya/securedownload?mid=1%5f2129073%5fAEFu%2fNgAAAnuSTBUOArVYwLQcNE&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1&cred=uErxTU5k3VGSxpDQC.0xb.EfzW4FA5lWrmu8u_4DPqQ3r61rioyjiQOa1wNwi0LVuGkcY66sj3Doh0K8vv.SJegH87TqkCSin9ejew_6BZaU7uY-&ts=1227909714&partner=ymail&sig=0WhYMtDUZhAPrGp_Axj.7g--

3 comments:

rochelle said...

Thanks, Lauren. It's so frustrating to have to even think about things like robberies when we just want to be jolly this time of year. It is truly a wonderful time of year...I love that people are more thoughtful and selfless during the holidays!

Nedge said...

Uh...cartoon? Where?

Jodi said...

I am glad to hear you had a GREAT Thanksgiving. Thanks so much for letting me visit you the other day! I'm excited to do that once a month :)
Love ya, Jodi