Yesterday in my foundations of health promotion class, my professor used a quote in our notes from Henry B. Eyring! Now remember, this is a class at the University of Utah, using a quote from a member of the first presidency of our church! I thought it was pretty cool. It just goes to show how knowledgeable our church leaders our and how their teachings not only help us in religion, but can be applied to school, work, and many other places. The quote my professor used was one about education. She is working to get us all pumped to never stop our education, which in the health field is very crucial, as health and medicing are changing and becoming better and more current all the time. I'm very greatful for this professor and class. Never in my schooling have I had a more inspirational teacher. And now, I shall share the quote my professor used in class:
No service that matters can be given over a lifetime by those who stop learning. A great teacher is always studying. A nurse never stops facing the challenge of dealing with something new, be it equipment or procedure. And the workplace in every industry is changing so rapidly that what we know today will not be enough for tomorrow. Our education must never stop. If it ends at the door of the classroom on graduation day, we will fail…Insatiable curiosity will be our hallmark.
-H.B. Eyring
By the way, I think this is a really funny thing. For our health promotion happy thanksgiving at the U, we all got tangerines. Doesn't that just totally make sense for nerdy health majors like myself? I love it!!!
3 comments:
That is awesome! Thank you, Lauren, for sharing this quote. It is so true, and the fact that it came from a member of the First Presidency is quite a stretch for the U, isn't it? :) I have a ton of respect and adoration for President Eyring. He knows what he's talking about!
i just love that quote!
thanks for posting!
I would give this essay and "A"!
Auntie Judy
Post a Comment