Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Thoughts of the Moment.

1. Change is hard. Yep, that's basically all I have to say right now. Change is hard. It is hard to watch, and it is hard to accept. I don't like it. I don't want to accept it. I want everything to stay the same forever, but I know that is impossible.

2. Work support. I have 3 different bosses for my four different jobs I do at the pool. My bosses are all awesome! Lately, one of my bosses has become more of a friend to me, as I've been talking to her about some things I'm experiencing in this stage of life. She is someone who always listens, always gives me advice, and always makes me laugh way hard! The point I'm trying to make here, is that lately I have realized why it is so important to find social support during stressful times. Managing stress is one of the most important things I have learned in my health promotion classes at the U. I just never thought work would be the place that I would find that kind of support, but I'm very thankful for it. :)

3. Saying No. A couple people have pointed out to me that I need to learn how to say no! I never tell people no. I am too much of a people pleaser, and that causes me to over-book myself. I like to be busy, but not so busy that I have no time to sleep. Anyone have any advice on how to make saying no to people not make me feel so guilty???

5 comments:

Unknown said...

lauren!
what are you doing?
you sound frustrated.
this calls for a good nap.
mmmmmm. naps.
naps make everything better.

Cindy said...

I love naps! Just take some time for yourself, that always works!
Don't even feel guilty because you know what it's ok to say no!
Besides if someone gets frustrated because you said no just know that it's because of them not you!

Nedge said...

Just say no. People probably ask you to work because they know you easily feel guilty, so they just use you. Stop the abuse! Say NO!

If there's anything I can do to help you out, holler!!!

japetersen said...

The only thing tha likes change is a baby with a bad diaper. Sorry --

Jodi said...

NO is a hard word. How come? A couple friends tease me cause I always say NnnnnnnnnnnnOoooooooooooooKay! That's how my No's always end up. So take it from me! START NOW, while you're young saying NO. Let's hear you say it NO. NO. NO. People will get past it, and if they do get upset, they'll get over it. Isn't that how you are? If for some reason you get upset, you soon get over it!
Love you! I think you're awesome! Hang in there, and if you have to, say NO! (I think I'll take that advice and practice too)!!!!