Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remember Septerber 11th, 2001

Just a note, if you want to view these video clips, go to the bottom of my blog page and pause my music so that you can hear the songs in the clips I have posted. They are really great, and I recommend watching them.



I've been thinking alot about 9/11 2001 today. It has now been seven years since the tragic day. I was only in eigth grade. I remember just after 9/11 someone said, "you will never forget what you were doing when you found out America was attacked." Well, to support that, I never have forgotten what I was doing the moment I found out. I was eating breakfast, which happend to be a poptart that day. I was watching the news, and I even remember what chair I was sitting at at the table.

My strongets feeling about 9/11 this day is that we, as Americans, should try our best to never forget 9/11/01. There are so many people who will not watch any news coverage of the day, or who will not even talk about what happened seven years ago. I feel it is so important we never forget the horrific events our country experienced, or the people who died that day, or the poeple who continue to die for our country to make sure nothing like September 11th ever happens to us again. One important reason we remember is to show respect, but also to attempt to sympathize with those who were greatly effected by the tragedies of that day.

Just some random thoughts:

Last night at work, I was talking to 2 of my bosses about 9/11, one of whom has a husband in the military. We discussed how right after 9/11, America was more patriotic than ever before. It makes me sad to see how over these past few years, that patriotism has dwindled. People are forgetting.

We also talked about news coverage of the event. Lots of parents and schools would not let students or children view the attacks in New York and the plane crashes in PA, and DC. One of my bosses then mentioned that she had her TV on constantly for weeks after the event. She said that when something like this happens, you just have to see it to be able to try to sympathize, or to be able to feel patriotic. Personally, I feel the news coverage of September 11th, 2001 should be replayed many, many times a year. My other boss, actually kept news articles and clips from the event. She said she even has the news paper from that horendous day.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that September 11th, 2001 never should be forgotten. People of all ages should be exposed to everything that happened. I also want to show my deep grattitude for the men and women, and their families, who are out right now fighting for our country. I know we would not be where we are today without them.

1 comment:

Emily Stapley said...

I HAVE A NEW LINK!
www.emilystapley.blogspot.com