To start with, I actually had a successful graduation dress shopping trip. I always hate shopping for dresses and skirts. I went out dress shopping, not expecting to find anything very easy. Well, I walked into a store, walked passed a rack, looked at one dress on the rack that happened to be my size, and decided it was fate. I tried it on, loved it, and decided to get it. We definately had to do some model photo shoots before I covered up in my graduation gown.
In the Huntsman Center before convocation.
Walking across the stage being careful not to trip.
These are the Bachelor's students from the College of Health. This includes my major, Exercise science majors, Occupational Therapy studies, Communication disorder majors, and Parks Recreation and Tourism majors. I am in there somewhere....
My mom was really tired after the College of Health Convocation. But I think she was happy. :)
Cute, look at my parental units! I'm so greatful to my parents for letting me live at home during college. I'm so greatful to all they did to help me get through it. They have been so encouraging. I'm their first kid to graduate from the University of Utah. They were quite excited about that. My mom was the last in our family to graduate from the U. My dad is a Weber State grad and Maddie and Ben are Utah State grads. It was an honor to sort of follow in my mom's footsteps.
Once again, I'm somwhere in the sea of red and black.
I am so happy today! Today, I will never forget what I did. I really can't believe I'm a college graduate. Now, I have to brag about my Grandpa Stapley once again. During my commencement, I could not help but think of my Grandpa and try to picture him sitting up where my family was. School was one of the most important things to my grandpa. I recently found a card my Grandpa had written to me at my highschool graduation. The things he wrote to me then did not touch me as they did when I read them the other day. I finally realized how cool of a thing I did by getting my Bachelor's degree. Last fall, my grandparents were living with us as my courageous grandpa went through chemotherapy. During this time, I was submitting all of my graduation applications to be able to graduate today. I remember the day I got all my applications turned in. I told my grandpa and he was so excited. I think everyday after that, he made a comment about me graduating from college and how cool that was. Though my grandpa wasn't at graduation in person, I know that he was aware of what I was doing today. He is amazing and I love him. How did I get so lucky to have so many motivating and inspiring people in my life? I will never know, but I am greatful for them all. Go Utes!
4 comments:
CONGRATULATARIONS!
Yeah Lauren. We're very proud of you.
Go Utes!
Way to go Lauren!
And, your red dress was really cute, too!
What a great day it was!
Post a Comment