Sunday, March 21, 2010

Way to start spring break 2010!

Spring break 2010 has officially begun! Actually, I've been on spring break since Thursdays, as I only have to go to campus Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays. Despite that fact, the fun didn't really begin until yesterday and today. Today, Natalie and I went to a mission farewell for our good friend Erin. She is going to be serving in the Vancover, Canada mission and I know that she will do a great job there. She spoke on service and sacrifice in church today, and she did not mess around! She nailed her topic! Here is a picture of Natalie and me with Erin. Yesterday was a busy day filled with food and fun. My aunt Judy and cousin Annie put together an amazing baby shower for my pregnant sister Maddie. They did such a good job, and I have to say Annie makes the absolute yummiest treats! I was a bit stressed as I arrived to the baby shower due to this thing we call "life," but ended up leaving the shower on a much happier note. Thanks Judy and Annie for putting together a fun shower for Maddie!

After the baby shower, Natalie and I had to rush to a wedding reception. It was quite an interesting wedding. The colors were bright orange and bright blue. I think I'm still trying to process that one.....But at least my friend who got married was able to find a boy decent enough for her. I'm far too picky to even try to find one right now, so until then I'll keep supporting my friends at their receptions. I think I'm allready booked for at least two more receptions this summer and possibly a third.

Grandma Stapley and an aunt and cousin with her two children were in town this weekend for the baby shower. After the wedding reception, we were all invited to go out to dinner with them. We went to Olive Garden and got stuffed!

Somehow I managed to participate in all of this while sick! I'm quite proud of myself. I do have to mention though that I came home from the farewell today and crashed for a few hours. This is now day four of being sick and whatever I've got gets worse everyday. Day one started with a soar throat. Day two had a soar throat that hurt even worse than day one. On day three I woke up hoarse and could not even swallow. I went to the baby shower, reception, and dinner feeling pretty lousy. By the end of day three the soar throat was not the only symptom. I developed a cough, and my nose and ears became plugged. Day four, this morning, I woke up not able to swallow again, have runny nose, swollen glands, gross hacking cough, and my chest hurts so bad inside from coughing. I'm scared talking to people, because I sound like a smoker. And I'm just wiped out! Whoever decided to infect me with this did a really good job! I'm bummed that I can't run or swim until I am better. Thank goodness I have spring break to try and get rid of this germ.

1 comment:

rochelle said...

Lauren,

I woke up with a sore throat, too, and yucky cough. I hope you get feeling better soon, and that you get to "enjoy" spring break.