Thursday, February 14, 2008

The U of U Has No Mercy!

Happy Valentines day! I hope you all were pleased with the snowstorm that dumped a buttload of snow on us over night! I'm just about to leave for school, because the U has no mercy on students, especially those that have to commute, and never cancel classes! If any of you have watched the news today, there have been school closures like crazy. Emily's school is starting 2 hours late today! School districts are closed everywhere! And these are schools that kids could walk to. Now the U? I have to commute every day to get to school, along with thousands of other students. The U is a commuting school. But, classes are still in progress today. Grrrrr! I remember spring semester last year, there was one day where the U canceled classes at noon. What made me mad about this was that I was allready done with classes at noon, and it wasn't even snowing that bad! It was nothing compared to today. Man, I am ticked off.

On less of a complaining note, have you been watching American Idol? There is this boy from Murray, Utah, who just made the top 24. His name is David Archuleta and he is quite good. AND there is a Mormon girl in the top 24! Her name is Brooke White, and I think I will also be rooting for her. Another contestant I am going to watch is Kristy Lee Cook and Syesha Marcado. I'm so nice, I put some clips of my favorites on here for you all to enjoy, especially for those who don't watch American Idol like Natalie Edge!

This is the Mormon Girl, Brooke White:



Here is David Archuleta, from Utah:



This is Kristy Lee Cook, She's a little bit country:



And finally, Syesha Marcado:

2 comments:

Nedge said...

Oh, boy. Someone has too much time on their hands, despite having to commute to the U in nasty weather.
My commute was fine. I honestly don't know what yer whining about...

Kristen said...

I'm totally digging Idol this year. I love the first two people you posted - we actually have two TALENTED mormons in the running this time. As opposed to goat girl from five or so seasons ago. And I like the Irish girl. She rocks.