Sunday, February 24, 2008
A Little More Conversation, A Little More Action
I have shocking news: I, Lauren the loser, Laura, L-Dawg, Lauraleena, La-La, Lolipop, Lar-wie, whatever you want to call me, have a blind date this Friday. Aparently my mom has been telling many of my extended family members that she thinks I need a little action in my life. She wants me to get out of the house on weekends, and, I quote, "have a little bone rattling." Now to me "bone-rattling" just sounds scary. I also found out that my older sister and her husband have been talking about me and my sad dating life. Aparently they have been talking about getting me on a date. I never though I would be the girl that people felt sorry for and felt the need to line her up with some boy. But, to tell you the truth, I'm quite excited about this date. My aunt and uncle are lining me up with a boy in their ward. He is 21, and is a brand new returned missionary. He served in Texas, yee-haw! AND, he is a red-head. I'm real nervous, because I haven't been on a date in a very long time, but I think it is going to be way fun. I'll keep ya'll posted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
GOOD! You should be going on dates. How are you going to know that Mr. Right is right for you if you don't have anyone to compare him too? Hmmm?
And "bone-rattling" made me laugh.
yeah Lauren. Just so you know, every single date I ever had in my life, except one, was a blind date. No boys ever wanted to go out with me, maybe because I am an amazon, and most ran away after they did go out with me, but that was okay, too.
I married the one who didn't run away, or care that i was an amazon.
free dinner is always good.
About time, chica!
A red head, eh? Maybe he'll sing well like Clay, and you'll fall head over heels for him and forget all about poor jeff.
Way to go aunt and uncle who know young people. I don't know any for line-up dates.
Have fun!
Auntie Judy
Good for you! If it's fun, even better. If it's not . . . well, you can put it in my book of bad blind dates and it will also give you something to blog about. - Haley
P.S. I kind of like red heads
Post a Comment