Thursday, August 23, 2007

Lunch, Hammock, Study

I enjoyed a nice lunch at school today, by myself of course. But I was quite amused by what happened. If you are familiar with the U of U, there is a very large grassy region by the union bulding. It is covered with tall, old trees, and it provides for a nice lunch area and reading. Well, today as I was eating, I glanced acrossed the way a little and saw a student fussing with a large blanket-like material. I thought he had brought a blanket to sit on while studying or whatever. I went back to reading. A couple minutes later, I look up again and the blanket material is suspended in the air between two trees. It was then that I figured out this was not a blanket. This student had brought a hammock to school with him to set up on the trees so he could take a nap in. It was the coolest idea I have ever seen! Man, I'm jealous.

3 comments:

Nedge said...

AWESOME!
Yeah, after the "rant" (a coache's lecture, what's expected of us, etc.), I went to my dorms and passed out on my bed. (My roomie was asleep on hers, and the room was dark, and oh, it was so tempting.) It was very nice.
How are your classes thus far?

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea. I just used to fall asleep in the library.

Anonymous said...

Good luck this semester! You are an experienced student this year.
Love,
Auntie Judy