Saturday, July 14, 2007

Onions Make Me Cry

I was up at Park City this morning to coach a swim meet. When I stepped out of my car, I was taken in a fancy by how cool the morning air was. Down here in the valley, the mornings have been so warm. I am usually up by 6:00 a.m. everyday, and the temperature is usually in the high seventies. I have forgotten what a cool morning feels like until this morning. It wasn't cold, cold, it just felt really cool compared to the valley. It was a nice change.

This evening, my family and I had a little BBQ/picnic for dinner. I was chopping up some freshly picked onions, and, oh my gosh, I almost cried! Boy they were good onions, but the burning sensation in my eyes from the onion fumes were brutal on my eyes. Luckily I was the only one in the kitchen at the time!

1 comment:

Nedge said...

Lauren, you have got to stop developing feelings for these onions! They ain't your children! They're oninons! Onions!