While we were in Summit, we were able to make a stop at the cemetery. Grandpa's gravestone is now in place and it looks magnificant! Grandma takes really good care of Grandpa's grave. She loves him so much, as do all of us. It is still so strange to visit Summit and not have Grandpa there. But I'm so happy to know that he is in an amazing place right now. And I'm so happy to know that he is watching over our Stapley clan.
Below is a picture I took by the Summit cemetery, looking at the Summit mountains. It was so snowy down in Southern Utah! It was beautiful! Saturday night my dad and I walked the town of Summit (which is only about 3 blocks big) at about 11:00 at night. It is a very dark town at night, which is one of my favorite parts about it! On a clear night, you can see a billion stars in the sky since there are no city lights! As we were walking, we saw a deer down the sidewalk. Summit is seriously deer country! At night's they all come down from the mountains and roam the town. During the fall, they eat all the fallen apples from the apple trees. My dad and I were trying to get as close to this deer as we could. However, we were not sneaky enough. It spotted us and hopped away. I always love going down to Summit. It is the best getaway from the city life. But its always good to come back home after the fun is over.
2 comments:
Sounds like a blast! I'm glad I saw you today.
It was nice to see Grandma Stapley at the swim meet. It's so sad she's alone.
Post a Comment