Friday, February 26, 2010

Graduation Preparation

Getting ready to graduate from college is not as much fun as it sounds. In fact, I am finding it quite hectic and really stressful! The process began last fall. I had to apply for graduation before November 1st to be considered for spring 2010 commencement. I had to run around campus and get my advisor for my major and the advisor for my minor to sign off my application. When I turned my application into the registrar's office, the lady there made me really nervous. She explained that I have to check my university e-mail on a daily basis from then up until my degree is put on my transcripts, which happens after graduation. She says there are emails that will be sent out, some asking for replies. All the replies have a 5 day reply limit. After 5 days, if you have not replied, your graduation information will no longer be applicable. So far, I'm doing well with the emails. What I'm stressing out about now is the process of getting graduation stuff completed. I'm wanting to order my announcements here shortly, but have to wait for my next paycheck. I hope I haven't waited too long. I'm also beginning my application process to training programs and possible jobs. I have no idea what is going to happen to my life this summer. My bosses at work are getting ready to send out schedule request forms, and I have no idea how I'm going to respond to them. Do I sign up for shifts, and then if I get a job just apologize and give up my shifts? Or do I not sign up for any and work on job hunting? Or should I just sign up for a small amount in case I do find a job? I'm thinking of going with the last idea. I really am scared of the unknown. And I'm really scared of change. But, even with all of this going on, I still am super excited to graduate with my Bachelor's degree. I can't believe its almost here. Only 9 more week to go, and I will be a college graduate! I just have to stay strong with everything until then.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought that I was the only one, stressed of the unknown. Thanks for the advice on checking the email. No one has told me about this before. I am unsure if there will be a job at all available this summer for me.

I wish you luck and hope that things work out. Because I need all the help I can get.

James

Unknown said...

whoa way to go Lauren! I didn't think you graduated this year, but congratulations!

Good luck with all the stress. :/ Just breathe :)

mad dog said...

I would go ahead and just sign up for the shifts as if you were planning on staying the summer. That's just the way business goes. They'll survive if you end up having to give them up. That's my advice!