Tuesday, January 05, 2010
No Answer Yet....
I had an ultrasound last week. My doctor still cannot figure out what is wrong with me. The ultrasound came back normal, so I had to go get a HIDA scan on my gallbladder today. This was kind of a cool test. They injected a dye into my blood stream that makes my gallbladder glow. I had to lay under a screen for 45 minutes as it took pictures of my gallbladder. The best part about this test was the warmed-up blankets they piled on top of me. The tech running the test caters to any discomfort you can get during the test. It made me feel real special. After the 45 minutes of that, they inject a tracer medication that goes into the gallbladder. On the screen, this will show if the gallbladder is functioning properly or not. This is another 30 minutes of laying under the screen. The only problem with this part of the test, is that it will initiate the pain that I've been having. It didn't initiate as severe of pain as I experience in my abdomen, but it was definately making it hurt. I won't get the results from this test back for another couple of days. I'm so tired of going through test after test after test. I just want to know what is causing this pain. It's been more painful lately too, so I'm getting a little nervous. Hopefully some answers come soon - I've been waiting for an answer since before Thanksgiving. Oh well though. The only good part of all this is that I've been able to learn so much more about my body. I've even gotten to see some of my insides!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment