Saturday, December 26, 2009

Memory, all alone in the moonlight!

This past semester was seriously a semester from heck! I was a wreck throughout the semester. Many times I never did my hair or make-up during the week. I was too stressed to care for myself. I never even had a chance to blog. :( Now that the I'm recovered from the semester, I'm going to get back into my blog. This upcoming semester is my last semester of college, and I'm sure I'll have lots to tell.

I had a nice Christmas with my family yesterday, despite the fact that I'm dealing with some stomach issues. Before Thanksgiving, I got pretty sick. I was really tired and drained all the time, and had a slight loss of appetite. I thought nothing of it, as it could have been caused by all the stress I was under. Then, I started to get this really bad throbbing pain in the upper left side of my abdomen. I let it go for a week without telling my parents, until it became so painfull that it hurt to breath. I went to my doctor just before Thanksgiving, and he ran a buttload of tests. He felt for a spleen tip, but found nothing. Then he sent me to his x-ray tech and she ran a chest x-ray, which came up normal. He had his nurse come in and she ran an EKG on me to see if the lining around my heart was inflamed. Thankfully the lining was fine but my doctor discovered a small heart condition I've had my whole life. Its not anything bad, it is just the way my heart was developed, but he sent me to a cardiologist for further testing just to be safe. The week after Thanksgiving I had an echo done on my heart and a stress test. Results came out normal and my heart is extremely healthy, which makes me happy. My doctor put me on a prescription as he decided to treat me for inflammation of the lining of my stomach. He said if the pain did not go away, than he had another diagnosis. The pain still exists, so this week, just before Chriatmas, I went back to my doctor. Again he felt for a spleen tip, and found nothing. He is sending me to another doctor on Tuesday morning to have an ultra-sound of my stomach and gallbladder. If the ultra-sound does not find what he is looking for, I have to have and endoscopy, where they stick a tube down the throat and go right into the stomach. Yuck! Hopefully he finds what he needs on the ultra-sound! I have a lesson to you all with this story. Whatever is going on in my body, I caused myself by not handling massive amounts of stress well. There was a lot of really bad stuff going on in my personal life, and I never tried to de-stress. I have gone out in the community and taught stress management techniques to a needy populaion for my major, but I actually can't do the techniques myself. Had I used them, this all probably would not be happenning. But this kind of stuff makes life exciting, right? Moral of the story, we all experience stress, but make sure ya'll handle it in healthy ways. If you want me to teach you about it, I can do that. I'll keep an update of my ultra-sound to see if my gallbladder and stomach are boys or girls. :)

1 comment:

Nedge said...

I'm so sorry! Thank you for the updates. Get better, my dear.

Guess what? A brand new year starts soon. Perhaps you can make de-stressing a new year's resolution. You need to set 30 minutes aside everyday for you. :)