I was sleeping in that morning (nine months pregnant) and Brian called to wake me up. He asked me to turn on the TV and tell him what was happening. I remember falling to the floor and just crying when I saw the towers fall. It was so hard to go to work that day. I remember being so happy that we had a TV in the lobby so that we could all watch it that night. Macaroni Grill was very quiet that night...except for a baby shower, there was hardly anyone there. I think I cried every time I passed a fire station, thinking how many of our heroes had been struck down. I remember being so full of pride and love when someone would fly a flag or talk about God. I wish things were like that still.
1 comment:
That was beautiful, Lauren.
I was sleeping in that morning (nine months pregnant) and Brian called to wake me up. He asked me to turn on the TV and tell him what was happening. I remember falling to the floor and just crying when I saw the towers fall. It was so hard to go to work that day. I remember being so happy that we had a TV in the lobby so that we could all watch it that night. Macaroni Grill was very quiet that night...except for a baby shower, there was hardly anyone there. I think I cried every time I passed a fire station, thinking how many of our heroes had been struck down. I remember being so full of pride and love when someone would fly a flag or talk about God. I wish things were like that still.
Post a Comment