I had a little time on my hands as we say goodbye to summer break this weekend, so I put together a little slideshow with pictures from my awesome summer. I had one of the funnest summers of my life! It started out a little rough with a not-so-fun break-up, but once all my fun vacations and activities kicked in, I couldn't help but have the summer of my life! Thanks to everyone who was a part of my summer! I'll never forget it!
I think this summer was a summer of change for me. A couple of weeks ago, my boss was talking to me about how this time in my life is the time when I need to find out who I am. After thinking about it, I feel like this summer has been just that: a hunt for myself. At the beginning of the summer, I felt like all the dreams I had were about to go down the drain. I felt sad and alone, which was the perfect time for an obsessed triathlete friend to suck me into their obsession. I've learned this summer how to road bike, and I've gotten pretty obsessed with it. I've gotten back into swimming, and I've improved my running. On labor day, I will be competing in my first triathelon. I've spent all summer learning all about it, and I can't wait to see how I do. Another thing I was reminded of this summer is how much I like to reach out and help people. This summer, I knew of a person at my work who was going through some really terrible and challenging situations with their life this summer. I felt bad, and decided to really take this person under my wing and be pretty much best friends with them. I found out recently that I was one of the few people and reasons that this person made it through this summer. Knowing that I helped this person, was definately a highlight of my summer. I also got to help people this summer in my other favorite way: by saving lives on my job. I made lots of new friends this summer, and I think I've kind of figured out who I am, hopefully.
I think that one of the reasons this summer has been so important and memorable to me, is because this time next year is a mystery to me right now. I am starting my senior year at the U this fall, and I will graduate with my bachelor's degree in the spring. Next summer, I could be anywhere! I have a few goals in mind, and hope to be able to achieve them. I don't know exactly where I'll be next summer, but I do know where I can always go to find comfort, and that is my family, and my friends. Hope ya'll enjoy my little slideshow. Be sure your volume is up, because I put some sweet music on it. You may have to pause the music at the bottom of my blog. I'm obsessed with music, and have to have it everywhere if you could not tell!
4 comments:
nice movie, Lauren.
YOu had a great summer! I'm sure with a great school year to follow.
I loved it! It looked like you had an AWESOME summer. Hopefully I'll get to see you around campus.
(I want to make a slideshow too, now! Except I didn't do that much...)
Very nice.....
Inspiring!
Auntie Judy
Post a Comment