I got to do the COOLEST thing in my health class today! This is a class all about community health. It is a way interesting class, and I love it! Today we learned about food-borne illnesses, and sanitation for food. My professor had this lotion that we all put on our hands. Then we had to go wash our hands. After that, we stuck our hands under this black light. With this, we were able to see places on our hands where germs would still be able to hide, even after washing your hands. It was way crazy!
My professor for this health class use to work for the Department of Health. If someone became sick from eating at a restaurant, or just had a complaint about a restaurant, she would go and test the food and sanitation of the culprit kitchen. She showed us a bunch of pictures she took at different restaurants, showing poor sanitation, or how some places were improperly storing food. It was actually rather disgusting, and I'm not sure I want to eat out for a while after this lecture. :)
2 comments:
I wonder if one of the pictures was of my kitchen. Hey Lauren, you wanna' come over for dinner?! Heh heh, heh [evil laugh]
Only if you're having raw meat!
Post a Comment