Thursday, September 15, 2011

End of Summer Review

Summer time is over!  Fall is in the air.  I love summer.  Sometimes I wish it could be never-ending.  But this week, I'm feeling fall in the air, and I'm pretty excited.  Change always brings new things.  The chaning of seasons brings new sights, smells, temperatures.....etc.  But I feel pretty lame for not blogging all summer.  I guess I got pretty busy this summer, and I kind of forgot that I had a blog.  This summer was great.  I'm so thankful I came back home for summer.  I needed to be here this year.  I feel like I actually accomplished a lot this summer.  I have been working part time with aquatics at the pool, and I got hired at the American Red Cross part time.  Finally, I got my foot in the door with public health!  Don't know where it will take me next, but for now, I am content, and comfortable.  I also accomplished to huge goals of mine this summer!  I wanted to run a half marathon this year.  I ended up running 2 half marathons, and am training for my third which will be in October.  My other goal was to do an open water triathlon.  I've done a couple of pool tri's, but have been too scared to do open water.  I guard open water tri's all the time, and I finally braved up and did one!  And I loved it!  Way cooler than pool tri's!  Our summer ended by helping our mom and grandma get through total knee replacement surgery.  THAT, has been an adventure in itself.  Here are some pictures of my summer 2011 adventures.  The above was the summer kick-off team adventure.  We went to Las Vegas for the Glee concert!!!!  We spent about 3 hours pool side at our hotel, trying to get some sun and vitamin D.

 This was my fist time staying on the Las Vegas Strip that I can remember.  We chose the Excalabir.  We even hit up the hotel buffet.  Yeah, it was great.
 This is the Team.  Angie, Rachael, Natalie, and me. 
 Glee!
 I kind of started the summer with a crappy running accident.  I had to wear a wrist splint after this!
 Lagoon with one of our bff's, Shelley.
 My first Half!  Freedom Half on July 4th.
 Cole!  My cute little nephew.  We played with Cole ALOT all summer.
 4 of the Headguards at Fire Water Ice Festival.  We were in control of about 65 lifeguards for 4 hours!
 The annual Fire Water Ice Festival lifeguard tunnel run.  My friend and I started this a couple years ago.  I love to see that we still do it.
 Part of our first aid team at FWI.
 Yeah, these 2 paramedics were pretty easy on the eyes.  We got to play with them all day!
 Modeling the first aid table.
Oh yeah, I met a new friend at the end of summer.  This is my friend Nate.

Well, that's that I guess.  I have to go to work now.  Goodbye summer!  Hello fall!

5 comments:

Emily said...

It sounds like you've had a great summer! I miss you!

Bing Math said...

Who is Nate?

japetersen said...

Is Nate a date?

Annie said...

Nate? A boy named Nate?

Do tell more.

Becky @ Babes in Hairland said...

Glad you finally updated this thing and for letting me live vicariously through you & all the awesome adventures you have! :-)